King's College School, Panamá (“King’s College Panamá”)
Avenida Demetrio B. Lakas,
Republic of Panama
Tel: +507 282 3300
LATAM EDUCATION HOLDINGS S.L. (matriz)
Avda. Pío XII, 92, 28036 Madrid, España
Tel: +34 913 598 800
King's College Panamá is part of Inspired Education Group (Inspired Education Holdings Limited), which is a company registered in United Kingdom, with number 09268120, addressed in Sixth Floor, 3 Burlington Gardens, London, W1S 3EP. Inspired operates numerous affiliated schools globally via its regional offices in Europe, Africa, Middle East, Asia-Pacific and Latin America.
In accordance with the terms of the Law 81 of March 26, 2019, on Protection of Personal Data, King's College Panamá provides information about how we are processing the personal data that you provide to us.
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by email at the address firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries regarding the processing of your personal data.
2. TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE PROCESS
We process personal data from our students and their parents, families and / or legal representatives and also from our employees, candidates, suppliers, contractors, prospective customers and third parties interested in finding out more about King's College Panamá.
The personal data processed is mainly the following:
• Names, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and other contact details;
• Nationality and location;
• Family details and legal situation;
• Safeguarding information (such as court orders and professional involvement)
• Parent’s employment status;
• Images, audio and video recordings, including CCTV footage (video images);
• Educational institutions previously attended.
• Qualifications, recommendations and references;
• Financial and bank details;
Other types of data we may collect and process, according to the educational purposes, sensitive data related to health condition, criminal records and other sensitive information related to an individual, such as:
• Information about health status or provision of health care linked to a specific individual;
• Behavioural information;
• Special educational needs
• Criminal records linked to a specific individual;
• Biometric information;
• Religion or ideology;
• Other sensitive data that may be necessary for a specific grounded purpose.
3. HOW WE COLLECT AND PROCESS PERSONAL DATA
King's College Panamá collects information directly from you or from your legal representative (s):
• Personally and over the phone;
• Through our website;
• Through cookies used on our website, through which we can collect login data, browsing behaviour, settings and actions in web applications;
• From email and hand delivery paper documentation including job applications, invoices, letters, consent forms, etc;
• Through online tools, such as apps, educational platforms and other software used by King's College School, Panamá;
• Through any CCTV cameras located at our premises;
• Through third parties, such as referees, professionals or authorities working with the individual;
4. LAWFUL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA
We process your data on the basis of the consent provided by you, as well as for the performance of a contract and to comply with the legal obligations that may derive from it. We may also process your data on the basis of our legitimate interest and your consent when sending commercial communications about our activities.
5. PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE PROCESS PERSONAL DATA
King's College Panamá processes personal data to lawfully and legitimately carry out the educational activity and other additional services involved. We collect and keep students and parents’ information when necessary to:
• Attend your enquiries properly;
• Manage your register for our Open Days’ events;
• Ensure that the student meets King's College Panamá admission’s criteria;
• Provide educational and necessary additional services including the support of pupil learning, monitor and report on pupil progress, virtual classroom, extracurricular activities, etc;
• Provide to the students welfare and pastoral care services;
• Provide to the students medical and nurse attention, catering service and bus routes, among other necessary services;
• Meet the educational, social, physical and emotional requirements of the student;
• Comply with legal and administrative requirements;
• Enable parents/guardians to be contacted in the case of a special event, emergency or in the case of school closure;
• Keep parents informed of their child’s educational progress and other personal circumstances, etc.
• Involve parents and students in the celebration of school’s achievements and to keep a record of the history of the school. In these cases, King's College Panamá may take photographs and recorded images of students to be shared in, yearbooks, King's College Panamá or other Inspired Education Group website, and social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube) always based on a written informed consent from parents or students of legal age;
• Send commercial communications if previously authorised by you. You will be able to unsubscribe from the receipt of commercial communications by clicking in the “unsubscribe” option or sending a written request to our Data Protection Officer;
• Management of Parent Portal;
• Involve parents and students in the activities carried out by Alumni Association.
Besides parents and students’ information, we also process details about our providers to manage the services rendered by them that may be necessary for our School’s activities as well as information from our employees related to their employment contract and the labour benefits related in addition to other professionals who support us in our business activity.
6. CANDIDATES AND EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION
If you want to send us your CV through the section “Careers”, you will have to create an account to make use of the employment platform and to send us your employment application. Your information will be shared with Inspired Education Group as the owner of the platform Global Careers Site in the terms exposed at: https://careers.inspirededu.com/data-privacy-statement and incorporated in the files owned by King's College Panamá. Our Human Resources department will process your data with the purpose to include your candidacy in our selection processes.
7. WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
As a school, we may be legally required to share personal information with other schools or companies that are part of King's College or even the Inspired Education Group, or with third parties when it is necessary for the purposes of the services, to meet a legal requirement of the authorities relevant, when permitted by law, for compliance with legal obligations or based on an express consent granted by the interested party.
We will ensure that, where appropriate, contractual safeguards are in place to ensure the protection of your personal data when your personal data is disclosed to a third party. For example, we will enter into data processing agreements with relevant parties (providing for restrictions on the use of your personal data and obligations regarding the protection and security of your personal data).
The parties to whom we may disclose your personal data as mentioned above may be located in countries outside of the Republic of Panama, including countries that may offer a lower level of data protection.
In such cases, we will implement appropriate measures to ensure adequate protection of your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
Your personal data will not be rented or sold to third parties.
8. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFER
In the event that, for legitimate reasons such as student exchange programs, or in the execution of the educational contract (which could include the use of computer tools and platforms offered from outside of Panama), personal data may be transferred to countries outside of Panama. our country, including countries that may offer a lower level of data protection, in such cases, we will implement the necessary measures to guarantee the adequate protection of your personal data in accordance with the applicable data protection regulations. In the event of said transfers, the interested parties will be informed clearly and correctly.
9. CONSERVATION OF DATA
Personal information will only be retained for the period of time required to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected unless for a longer time for public interest archiving, scientific or historical research, or statistical purposes. Once the personal information is no longer required or permitted to be retained for legal or business purposes, it will be destroyed or made anonymous.
10. YOUR RIGHTS
Under the Law 81 you have rights regarding the processing of your personal data. These rights are, however, subject to certain exemptions and limitations.
You have the right to:
• Be informed, at the time when personal data are collected, about the data processing carried by King's College Panamá.
• Access the information we process and how we process it as well as to obtain a copy of the personal data considering the legal limitations and exceptions;
• Ask for the erasure of the personal data we hold about you without undue delay considering the legal limitations and exceptions;
• Obtain the rectification of your personal data providing a supplementary statement;
• Obtain restriction of processing of your personal data when it is inaccurate, illegal, unnecessary or not verified, considering the legal limitations and exceptions;
• Obtain data portability of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. This allows the right to transmit that data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data has been provided;
• Object to processing for direct marketing purposes;
• Withdraw your consent at any time and freely to the processing of your personal data. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
You can exercise such rights by sending a written specific request, along with a copy of your ID card, and mentioning in the subject “Request for exercise of rights” to our Data protection Officer’s email address email@example.com.
King's College Panamá will not collect and / or process information from individuals under 18 any circumstance. Consent from parents or legal representatives will be always required.
12. STORING AND SECURING INFORMATION
King's College Panamá shall use the appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security, confidentiality, integrity and privacy of the personal data, preventing from unauthorised access or unlawful processing as well as accidental loss, destruction or damage of the files.
13. COMMON USE WITH SOCIAL NETWORKS
This website contains links to other websites such as platforms or social networks like Instagram, YouTube, Facebook and Twitter. King's College Panamá is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites. You should be aware that the processing of your personal information is carried out by those sites and governed by their respective privacy policies.
If you do not want these sites to collect and process your information, please review their corresponding privacy policies and / or disconnect from it before using our Services.
14. COOKIES USED IN OUR WEBSITE
The Web server is allowed to remember some data concerning the user, such as his preferences for visiting the pages of this server, name and password, products that are more interesting, etc.
The Cookies that we use in our website and that require informed consent by the user are the functional cookies and the targeting cookies. Consent is not required for required cookies, which are those of a technical nature necessary for the operation of the website or the provision of services expressly requested by the user.
You can find more information about our cookies policy at: https://www.panama.kingscollegeschools.org/cookies-policy
If you are not satisfied with our response, you would like to discuss anything regarding this privacy notice, or you believe we are processing your personal data disregarding the data protection regulations in force, any claim can be sent to our Data Protection Officer firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Panamanian data protection authority, Panama’s National Authority of Transparency and Access to Information (“ANTAI”) (Autoridad Nacional de Transparencia y Acceso a la Información), at email@example.com or https://www.antai.gob.pa/formulario-de-quejas-administrativas-2/.
16. PRIVACY NOTICE UPDATES
King's College Panamá may need to update this privacy notice periodically, so we recommend that you review this information from time to time.
This version was last updated in April 2023.